Want to know what is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive? Or comparing Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac to figure out which could be the right option for your baby? This guide will give you an in-depth insight into the same.
Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro are specially-formulated infant formulas designed to be smoother and gentler on a baby’s digestive system. The primary purpose of these formulas is to provide comfort in digestion to babies who have difficulty tolerating standard infant formulas. These are two different baby formulas but they are of a similar category. They have several similarities but there are a few differences as well. You will find out what is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive infant formulas in this guide.
An Overview of the “Sensitive Baby Formula” From Similac
Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formulas are formulated, produced, and regulated by Abbott Nutrition, a global healthcare tycoon that specializes in formulating and producing nutritional products for babies, children, and adults. The company produced the “Sensitive” version of their baby formulas to help parents better tackle the fussiness and gas issues in babies. This product includes a unique blend of carbohydrates and proteins that are easy for babies to digest. The formula is also enriched with a variety of vitamins and high-quality minerals that leads to healthy growth and development in infants.
What is the Similac Sensitive Infant Formula?
To compare Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac and to know the right option for your baby, let’s first understand what is Similac Sensitive baby formula.
As already described above, Similac Sensitive Infant Formula is a formulation that helps parents better deal with digestion issues in their babies. It is for babies who have sensitive tummies and who cannot digest breast milk or a standard cow milk-based baby formula easily. The manufacturer also claims that it supports brain & eye development.
Here are a few important things to know about this specially-formulated Similac Infant Formula:
- The Similac Sensitive Infant Formula is not for babies with galactosemia.
- It is free from Lactose (a type of sugar).
- The Similac Sensitive Infant Formula is especially for babies who face gassiness and fussiness due to lactose intolerance.
- There is no Palm Olein Oil included in this which ensures better calcium absorption.
- It comprises DHA and Lutein that significantly contribute to the healthy development of the brain and eyes of babies.
- There are no artificial growth hormones included in this formulation.
- It has Similac’s OptiGRO which is a unique blend of three crucial components including vitamin E, lutein, and the omega-3 fatty acid.
Similac Sensitive Ingredients
Similac Sensitive Baby Formula contains a range of healthy and highly-nutritious ingredients that supports overall healthy development and growth in babies. Most of the Similac Sensitive ingredients included in this formulation are derived from Cow Milk while there are a few ingredients that are added to replicate the healthy breast milk.
Here are some healthy Similac Sensitive ingredients that Similac Sensitive Infant Formula poses:
|Corn Syrup||LM. Alpina Oil||Manganese Sulfate|
|Coconut Oil||Short-chain||Milk Protein Isolate|
|Ferrous Sulfate||Riboflavin||Calcium Phosphate|
|Sugar||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride||Potassium Citrate|
|Soy Oil||Folic Acid||Choline Chloride|
|Soy Lecithin||Potassium Iodide||Ascorbic Acid|
|Choline Bitartrate||High Oleic Safflower Oil||Inositol|
|Potassium Chloride||Calcium Carbonate||Magnesium Phosphate|
In addition to this, the Similac Sensitive Formula also contains a blend of important nutrients including:
- Iron: Iron is one of the crucial minerals that helps healthy brain development and red blood cell production.
- Vitamin E: It is a powerful antioxidant that helps make the immune system strong and protects cells from damage.
- Calcium and Vitamin D: Calcium and Vitamin D are important for supporting healthy bone development in babies.
- DHA and ARA: These are Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that support brain and eye development.
Types of Similac Sensitive Formula That You Can Buy
Similac Sensitive Infant Formula is available in the market in different forms. You may find it in the stores either in a form of powder or as a ready-to-feed liquid. The powder form is designed to be mixed with water to create a smooth and creamy consistency while the ready-to-feed liquid formula comes in pre-sterilized bottles and is ready to use without any mixing required. It’s important to note that the Similac Sensitive Formula is not suitable for babies with severe allergies to milk protein. If your baby has a milk allergy, your pediatrician may recommend a hypoallergenic formula instead.
Similac Sensitive Formula Reviews From Customers
Similac Sensitive Formula Reviews include mixed opinions from parents. Some mothers are confident about it and have lots of positive things to share about this particular formulation while others have an unpleasant experience to share.
Mothers that have a good experience with Similac Sensitive Baby Formula say that this formulation helps their babies overcome bloating, burping, and gas issues effectively. On the other hand, mothers with negative reviews say that this formula produces lots of foam and bubbles when mixing it. In addition, some mothers say that their babies’ gas issues even worsen after they put their babies on Similac Sensitive Infant Formula.
These Similac Sensitive Formula Reviews may confuse you for a while and raise a question in mind about whether you should buy them or not. It is crucial to consult with your pediatrician. He/she can guide you on this better than anyone else.
Now, we will provide you an overview of the Similac Sensitive Pro Baby Formula (which is quite similar to “Sensitive Formula” before explaining to you what is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive baby formula.
What is the Similac Sensitive Pro Baby Formula?
As already mentioned above in this post, Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula is quite similar to the “Sensitive” formula. It is simply a pro version of the “Sensitive” formula which means it includes more ingredients and provides more benefits. This baby formula is specifically for infants who are sensitive to lactose or have lactose intolerance. It is a low-lactose formula that is gentle on your baby’s tummy and easy to digest. The formula contains a blend of carbohydrates that are easy to absorb and help to reduce the risk of colic and other digestive issues. It also contains a unique combination of high-quality vitamins and minerals that are essential for your baby’s overall growth and development. The DHA and ARA are also included in the formula which are two important fatty acids that are found in breast milk. Apart from this, Similac Sensitive Pro contains important prebiotics, which helps to support your baby’s immune system and promote healthy digestion. Now, let’s learn about the important things related to Similac Sensitive Pro before comparing Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive.
Things to Know About Similac Sensitive Pro
Similac Sensitive Pro is a great choice for parents who want to ensure that their baby gets the nutrients they need while also being gentle on their tummy. Here are some of the crucial things that parents must know about the Similac Sensitive Pro:
Easy on the Tummy – Similac Sensitive Pro is gentle on your baby’s tummy as this is low-lactose baby formula. Your baby will possibly not face any burping, bloating, and gas issues while having this.
Nutrient-Rich – Similac Sensitive Pro contains a blend of highly-nutritious ingredients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for your baby’s healthy development.
Prebiotics – Similac Sensitive Pro contains prebiotics, which are the core need for strengthening the immune system and digestion in babies.
Reduces Risk of Colic – The formula is made with a blend of carbohydrates that are easy to absorb and help to reduce the risk of colic and other digestive issues.
2′-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide (2′-FL HMO)- The Formula has 2′-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharides which is an immune-nourishing prebiotic. It helps develop the immune system healthily.
Similac Pro Sensitive Ingredients
Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula contains almost all the ingredients you can find in Similac Sensitive formula. However, you will find more soy ingredients in Similac Sensitive Pro as compared to Similac Sensitive. The list of Similac Pro Sensitive ingredients used in the formula is usually mentioned on the product label. You can know about Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula ingredients from there.
What Parents Have to Say About Similac Sensitive Pro Baby Formula
Many parents who have tried Similac Sensitive Pro report that their babies experience fewer digestive issues and can tolerate the formula well. Some parents even report that their babies have fewer colic and reflux symptoms after switching to Similac Sensitive Pro.
Parents also appreciate the convenience and ease of use of the formula, as it is available in both powder and ready-to-feed formats. The formula is also easy to mix and does not clump, which makes preparation quick and hassle-free.
However, as with any baby formula, there are some negative reviews as well. Some parents report that their babies experience constipation, gas, or other digestive issues after using Similac Sensitive Pro. It is important to note that every baby is different and may react differently to various formulas. If your baby experiences any negative symptoms after using Similac Sensitive Pro or any other formula, it is important to speak with your pediatrician or a healthcare professional.
What is the Difference Between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive Infant Formula
Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formula are both designed to be gentle on a baby’s digestive system and are intended for use in babies who have difficulty tolerating standard formulas. While both formulas have similar goals, there are some key differences between the two. If you are seeking what is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive, find the answer below.
Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac: Key Differences
- Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs): One of the most significant differences that can be noticed while comparing Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac Infant Formula is that the Pro version contains a special blend of HMOs or human milk oligosaccharides. HMOs are complex sugars that are naturally found in breast milk and have been shown to have important benefits for a baby’s immune system and digestive health. By including HMOs in the formula, Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formula aims to provide some of the same benefits as breast milk.
- Amount of DHA and ARA: Another major difference between the two formulas is that Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formula contains a higher amount of DHA and ARA, which are omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are essential for brain and eye development in infants. The higher levels of DHA and ARA in Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formula are designed to provide additional support for these critical areas of development.
- Calories Per Serving: Similac Sensitive Pro Infant Formula also contains fewer calories per serving than Similac Sensitive. This difference may be important for parents who are concerned about their baby’s weight gain, as the lower calorie content may help prevent overfeeding.
- Milk and Soy Protein: Similac Sensitive contains a blend of milk protein and soy protein, while Similac Sensitive Pro contains a blend of only milk proteins. This means that Similac Sensitive Pro may be a better option for babies who have a sensitivity to soy.
While there are some differences you can find while comparing Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive, both formulas are designed to be gentle on a baby’s digestive system and are intended for use in babies who have difficulty tolerating standard formulas.
How to Prepare “Sensitive’ Similac Baby Formula and Feed Your Baby
It’s crucial to learn the right method to prepare the Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro Formula. It is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, ensuring no germs remain left on your hands.
- Sterilize all feeding equipment, including bottles and nipples, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This is crucial to eliminate the germ that may set over the surface of that feeding equipment over time.
- Boil fresh water and allow it to cool to room temperature before mixing it with the formula.
- Add the required amount of formula (as per your pediatrician’s instructions” to the water and shake well until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Check the temperature of the formula by testing it on the inside of your wrist. The formula should be warm, but not too hot.
- Feed your baby immediately.
Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive: Choosing the Right Option
Choosing the right baby formula can be a bit tricky, especially if your baby has specific needs or digestive issues. If you are trying to compare Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive Pro for your baby, here are some factors to consider:
- Consult With a Healthcare Professional – The first step in deciding which formula to use is to consult with your pediatrician or a healthcare professional. They can help you determine if your baby needs a specialized formula and which type of formula is best suited for your baby’s needs.
- Consider Your Baby’s Digestive Issues – If your baby experiences digestive issues such as colic, gas, or reflux, Similac Sensitive or Similac Sensitive Pro may be a good option. However, if your baby has a specific sensitivity to lactose or soy, you may need to do a comparison of Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac. It may be best to choose a formula that is specifically designed for that sensitivity.
- Look at the Ingredients – Compare the ingredients in both formulas and look for any differences. For example, Similac Sensitive Pro contains prebiotics and probiotics, while Similac Sensitive does not. If your baby has issues with their immune system or gut health, Similac Sensitive Pro may be a better option.
- Consider Convenience – Both formulas come in different formats such as powder and ready-to-feed. If you’re looking for convenience, ready-to-feed may be the way to go. However, it can be more expensive than powder formula.
- Observe Your Baby’s Reaction – Once you have done the Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive comparison and chosen a formula, monitor your baby’s reaction to it. If your baby experiences any negative symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, or excessive fussiness, it may be a sign that the formula is not a good fit for them. In that case, you should speak with your pediatrician or healthcare professional for guidance.
- Similac Infant Formula Review: Does Your Baby Need It?
- The Similac Pro Total Comfort Formula- A Helpful Review For Mothers
In summary, the decision to use Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac depends on your baby’s individual needs and sensitivities. Consulting with a healthcare professional, comparing ingredients, considering convenience, and monitoring your baby’s reaction can help you determine which formula is the best option for your baby.
In the end, we hope this was a useful reading for you and you have got the answers to many of your questions like what is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive and which is the right option for your baby. For more informative guides, stay tuned with us.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Q 1. What is the difference between Similac Sensitive and Pro Sensitive?
Ans: The main difference between Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro is that the latter contains the OptiGRO blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E. This blend is not present in Similac Sensitive. Similac Sensitive Pro also contains 2′-FL HMO, which is prebiotic that supports the immune system.
Q 2. What are the Similac Sensitive Formula ingredients?
Ans: Similac Sensitive Baby formula contains corn syrup, milk protein isolate, high oleic safflower oil, sugar, soy oil, coconut oil, and other vitamins and minerals.
Q 3. What are the ingredients in Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula?
Ans: Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula contains corn syrup, milk protein isolate, high oleic safflower oil, sugar, soy oil, coconut oil, 2′-FL HMO, and the OptiGRO blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E, along with other vitamins and minerals.
Q 4. Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive – Which is Better for My Baby?
Ans: Both formulas are designed to be gentle on sensitive tummies and reduce fussiness and gas. However, Similac Sensitive Pro contains additional nutrients that may be beneficial for your baby’s development. You should consult with your pediatrician to better compare Pro Sensitive vs Sensitive Similac and determine which formula is best for your baby’s needs.
Q 5. Are there any side effects of using Similac Sensitive or Similac Sensitive Pro baby formula?
Ans: Most infants tolerate Similac Sensitive and Similac Sensitive Pro well, but some may experience minor digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhea, or gas. If your baby experiences any persistent or severe symptoms, you should consult with your pediatrician.